Lladro is a Spanish porcelain. Juan, Jose, and Vicente Lladro opened a ceramics workshop in Almacera in 1951. They soon began making figurines in a distinctive, elongated style. In 1958 the factory moved to Tabernes Blanques, Spain. The company became so successful and the studios so large that, in 1969, the location of Lladro porcelain-making was changed to the City of Porcelain (Ciudad de la Porcelana) in Valencia. The company makes stoneware and porcelain figurines and vases in limited and unlimited editions. Dates given are first and last years of production.