Boch Freres Keramis was founded by Eugene and Victor Boch and their brother-in-law in 1841. The firm, located in La Louviere in eastern Belgium. In 1848, Boch freres became a public limited company. It was acquired by another company in 1989, after it went bankrupt. Early wares resemble the work of Villeroy & Boch. The factory closed in 1985. M.R.L. Boch took over the production of tableware from Boch Freres, but went bankrupt in 1988. Le Hodey took over Boch Freres in 1989 using the name Royal Boch Manufacture S.A. It had problems and went into bankruptcy in 2009.