What’s In and What’s Out? Terry Kovel Knows
What are the top collectible trends of 2020? The top collectible is almost-new, limited-edition sneakers autographed by an important player or worn in a special game. While sneakers are tops, here are our personal Top 5 “In” collectibles for 2020, based on auction prices and decorating trends. And while we are at it, we will list what we consider the Top 5 “Out” items.
- 1950s Midcentury furniture, especially by famous makers
- Vintage store stuff, large neon signs, metal signs, displays, cabinets (big is best)
- Large colored glass vases and figures in modern shapes
- Couture purses by Judith Leiber, Hermès, Chanel, etc.
- Futuristic toys, robots and spaceships
What’s out you ask? They are most likely the items you saw in your grandmother’s china cabinet, including (our Top 5), Hummel figurines, French Provincial anything, limited-edition plates made after the 1970s (a few early Danish Christmas plates still sell), dinnerware with small flower decoration (Haviland style), and unidentified landscape oil paintings.
It started with a “mustache cup,” which protected men’s mustac...Read More
It’s spring cleaning time! If you haven’t spent some of your extra time at h...Read More