How well do you know the world of antiques? Try this antiques and collectibles quiz. Readers of Kovels’ Antiques & Collectibles Price Guides, newsletter and online articles will surely have the upper hand. Scroll down after the last question to find the answers.
1. Who among the following is a furniture designer?
a. Otto Heino
b. Thomas Chippendale
c. John Rogers
d. Simon Willard
2. What was the first plastic called?
3. A. Walter, Delatte and Daum are associated with which material?
4. Who is Barbara Millicent Roberts?
a. The name of a studio potter
b. The name of a doll
c. The name of a silversmith
d. The name of a quilt maker
5. What do the following people have in common: Polia Pillin, Otto Natzler and Edgar Littlefield?
a. They were clock makers
b. They were silversmiths
c. They were illustrators
d. They were potters
6. A tintype is an early kind of what?
c. Kitchen tool
7. Sack back, fauteuil and bergère are types of what?
8. Which of the following did not make dolls?
c. Armand Marseille
9. What was the cost of mailing a postcard in 1900?
a. 1 cent
b. 2 cents
c. 3 cents
d. 4 cents
10 Who was most closely associated with the Arts and Crafts movement?
a. Paul Evans
b. Herman Miller
c. Duncan Phyfe
d. Gustav Stickley
Scroll down for answers.........