Graduation season has begun. Many colleges and universities have reinstated in-person commencement ceremonies this year — outdoors with social distancing, of course. Regardless of the venue or restrictions, the joys of graduation remain as parents and family celebrate their student’s accomplishments.
Here are our suggestions for the Top 5 vintage graduation presents that show you care.
1. Antique frames for the diploma or cap-and-gown picture. Why go for a standard, boring frame? You still have time to visit flea markets, antiques stores or shop online for that unique frame to preserve the student’s accomplishment.
2. Vintage graduation charms for a charm bracelet. Charm bracelets, popular in the 1950s and ’60s, are the ultimate nostalgic and vintage jewelry. The tiny charms commemorate everything from trips and graduations to big moments like the birth of a child. Help your graduate start a new tradition by buying a vintage charm online, in antiques stores or at auction.
3. Sunglasses. Start searching for that hidden treasure of old Ray-Bans, Oakley’s or other name-brand sunglasses as the graduate heads out to a new job, or just a trip to the beach. They are always cool.
4. Vintage college or travel posters. These are perfect for decorating that very first “adult” apartment.
5. Fun, vintage key chains. Of course, it’s your choice whether to add a car key to an antique or unusual key chain. Or maybe for a key to that first apartment?
René Lalique, (1860-1945) was a major French artist in the early 20th century w...Read More
Hear that thunder in the distance? It is the sound flea market fans rushing towa...Read More
Dear Lee, I have attended many auctions in all parts of the country. I read m...Read More
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.