Waterford type glass resembles the famous glass made from 1783 to 1851 in the Waterford Glass Works in Ireland. Waterford was started by brothers George and William Penrose and originally made plain and ornamental flint glass. It is a clear glass that was often decorated by cutting. Modern glass is being made again in Waterford, Ireland, and is marketed under the name Waterford. Waterford merged with Wedgwood in 1986 to form the Waterford Wedgwood Group. Most Waterford Wedgwood assets were bought by KPS Capital Partners of New York in 2009 and became part of WWRD Holdings. WWRD was bought by Fiskars in 2015.