FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CLEVELAND – February 1, 2011 – Kovels Antiques Inc., a leading publisher of antiques and collectibles information, officially launched a redesign of its website, www.kovels.com.
Kovels.com's completely new website features one of the largest information resources on antiques and collectibles on the Internet. The Kovels site now includes:
• An exceptionally thorough dictionary of marks on pottery, porcelain and silver, based on information from dozens of books in many languages;
• Collectors' forums, where anyone can discuss antiques and collectibles with other informed Kovel site users, providing an online community for collectors and a valuable information source;
• An events calendar, easily viewable, that lists relevant events across the country so that show promoters, auction houses, flea markets and individual groups can list their events for free;
• More than 800,000 prices reviewed by experts for accuracy in its FREE online price guide, the only online price guide that includes information from shops, shows, and flea markets as well as auctions and online sales—and all for free;
• A unique directory where restorers, matching services, appraisers and repair services can post their services for free to the already extensive list compiled by the Kovels and site visitors can find how to fix hard to repair items, where to sell their unique heirlooms and other information related to antiques and collectibles;
• And the original editorial content on the antiques and collectibles world that the Kovels are known for—including tips on how to take care of antiques, hot new collecting trends, warnings about reproductions and fakes, reports on sales and record prices, and much more.
Despite the dramatic increase in new features and content, the redesigned website is easy to navigate. Users can choose to use the website as free users, premium users, or premium-plus users. Every level of subscription offers valuable insights into the world of antiques and collectibles while the premium-plus subscription gives access to ALL information on the site.
Terry Kovel and her daughter, Kim, are continuing the family business Terry started with her husband, Ralph, decades ago. Terry and Ralph, who died in 2008, wrote 99 books about collecting and antiques. Now Terry and Kim write the Kovels books, including the best-selling annual price guide, Kovels Antiques and Collectibles Price Guide. Terry Kovel publishes a monthly newsletter, Kovels on Antiques and Collectibles, and writes a syndicated weekly newspaper column distributed to more than 150 newspapers and websites. Terry and Ralph appeared weekly on the HGTV series, Flea Market Finds with the Kovels. Terry's popular website, with free prices and information for collectors, is www.kovels.com. The Kovels most recent books are Kovels American Collectibles, 1900 to 2000, and Kovels Antiques and Collectibles Price Guide 2011, with 2,600 full-color photos and 42,000 actual prices. Both are available wherever books are sold and online at www.Kovels.com.
To see this press release as a PDF click here.