The Imperial Glass Company was founded in Bellaire, Ohio, in 1901, and began making glass in 1904. The company made clear pressed glass and common containers like jelly glasses. In 1910 Imperial added pressed and free-blown iridescent glass to its lines. The company changed its name to Imperial Glass Corporation at about the same time. In its later years, Imperial purchased and used molds from several defunct companies.
To read this article — and over 25,000 more — try Kovels Membership FREE for 7 Days
Kovels Knowledge Members get full access to 25,000 articles on antiques and collectibles from 60 years of publication.