Sabino

Kovels Item

Sabino glass was made in the 1920s and 1930s in Paris, France. Founded by Marius-Ernest Sabino (1878-1961), the firm was noted for Art Deco lamps, vases, figurines, and animals in clear, colored, and opalescent glass. Sabino himself was known for creating lights ranging from small lamps to large chandeliers, and also architectural lighting for hotels and restaurants. Production stopped during World War II but resumed in the 1960s with the manufacture of nude figurines and small opalescent glass animals. The new pieces are a slightly different color and can be recognized. 

Filters