Rowland & Marsellus Company is part of a mark that appears on historical Staffordshire dating from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. Rowland & Marsellus is the mark used by an American importing company in New York City. The company worked from 1893 to about 1937. Some of the pieces may have been made by the British Anchor Pottery Co. of Longton, England, for export to a New York firm. Many American views were made. Of special interest to collectors are the plates with rolled edges, usually blue and white. The rolled edge plate has a central design showing a building or scene, and several other related scenes in cartouches on the rolled-over edge of the plate. Most were souvenir plates for cities in the United States.