Rudolstadt was a faience factory in the Thuringia region of Germany from 1720 to about 1791. In 1854, Ernst Bohne began working in the area. From about 1887 to 1918, the New York and Rudolstadt Pottery made decorated porcelain marked with the RW and crown familiar to collectors. Other pottery marks picture two eagles inside a shield, attached back-to-back with a smaller shield between them. This porcelain was imported by Lewis Straus and Sons of New York, which later became Nathan Straus and Sons. The word Royal was included in their import mark. Collectors often call it "Royal Rudolstadt." Most pieces found today were made in the late nineteenth or early twentieth century. Additional pieces may be listed in the Kewpie category.