Crown Derby is the name given to porcelain made in Derby, England, from 1756 to 1935. Andrew Planche and William Duesbury established Crown Derby as the first china-making factory in Derby. Pieces are marked with a crown and the letter D or the word Derby. The earliest pieces were made by the original Derby factory, while later pieces were made by the King Street Partnerships (1848-1935) or the Derby Crown Porcelain Co. (1876-1890). Derby Crown Porcelain Co. became Royal Crown Derby Co. Ltd. in 1890. It is now part of Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd.