Cowan Pottery made art pottery and wares for florists. Guy Cowan made pottery in Rocky River, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, from 1913 to 1931. After its move to Rocky River, Cowan Pottery was renamed Cowan Potters, Inc. until it closed in December 1931. A stylized mark with the word Cowan was used on most pieces. A commercial, mass-produced line was marked Lakeware. Collectors today search for the Art Deco pieces by Guy Cowan, Viktor Schreckengost, Waylande Gregory, or Thelma Frazier Winter.