Coalport ware has been made by the Coalport Porcelain Works of England from 1795 to the present time. Early pieces were unmarked. The Coalport factory probably made much of the unmarked Chelsea-grape ware. About 1810-1825 the pieces were marked with the name Coalport in various forms. Later pieces also had the name John Rose in the mark. The crown mark has been used with variations since 1881. The date 1750 is printed in some marks, but it is not the date the factory started. Some pieces are listed in Indian Tree.