Ceramic Arts Studio was founded in 1940 in Madison, Wisconsin, by Lawrence Rabbett and Ruben Sand. Their most popular products were expensive molded figurines. Ceramic Arts Studio also made head vases, which were used by florists from the mid-1950s to the 1960s and were part of a collecting flurry in the 1980s. The pottery closed in 1955. Do not confuse these products with those of the Ceramic Art Co. of Trenton, New Jersey.