Cauldon Limited worked in Staffordshire, Great Britain, and went through many name changes. John Ridgway made porcelain at Cauldon Place, Hanley, until 1855. The firm of John Ridgway, Bates and Co. of Cauldon Place worked from 1856 to 1859. It became Bates, Brown-Westhead, Moore and Co. from 1859 to 1862. Brown-Westhead, Moore and Co. worked from 1862 to 1904. About 1890, this firm started using the words Cauldon or Cauldon Ware as part of the mark. Cauldon Ltd. worked from 1905 to 1920, Cauldon Potteries from 1920 to 1962. When E. W. Brain & Co. Ltd., now Coalport, a part of the Wedgwood group, continued the porcelain side of Cauldon Ltd. in 1962, the company was divided. Pourtney & Co. Ltd. acquired Cauldon Potteries Ltd before the business closed in 1977. Marks like "Royal Cauldon, Est. 1962" or ones containing "Bristol" in the backstamp were made between 1963 and 1977. Related items may be found in the Indian Tree category.