Carlton ware was made at the Carlton Works of Stoke-on-Trent, England, beginning about 1890. Carlton ware, Chintz pattern dishes with a design of flowers, was popular from the 1920s to the late 1950s. The firm traded as Wiltshaw & Robinson until 1957. It was renamed Carlton Ware Ltd. in 1958. The company went bankrupt in 1995, but the name is still in use.