Capo-di-Monte porcelain was first made in Naples, Italy, from 1743 to 1759. The factory moved near Madrid, Spain, reopened in 1771, and worked to 1821. Since that time, the Doccia factory of Italy acquired the molds and is using the crown and N mark. The Capo-di-Monte porcelain factory was founded after Charles of Bourbon married Maria Amelia of Saxony, whose grandfather founded the Meissen factory. Societa Ceramica Richard is a modern-day firm often referred to as Ginori or Capo-di-Monte. This company also uses the crown and N mark.