Camark Pottery started in 1924 in Camden, Arkansas. Jack Carnes founded the firm and made many types of glazes and wares. John Lessell became director of Camark Pottery in 1926 and developed lines of art pottery similar to those he produced for Weller and Owens. He died shortly after the start of production at the plant in Camden, Arkansas. The company was bought by Mary Daniel. Production was halted in 1983.