Berlin, a German porcelain factory, was started in 1751 by Wilhelm Kaspar Wegely. In 1763, the factory was taken over by Frederick the Great and became the Royal Berlin Porcelain Manufactory. It is still in operation today. Pieces have been marked in a variety of ways. One of the Royal Berlin Porcelain Manufactory's marks is a diamond topped by an eagle with a crown on its head.