Heisey glass was made from 1896 to 1957 in Newark, Ohio, by A. H. Heisey and Co., Inc. The Imperial Glass Company of Bellaire, Ohio, bought some of the molds and the rights to the trademark. Some Heisey patterns have been made by Imperial since 1960. After 1968, they stopped using the diamond H trademark. Heisey used romantic names for colors, such as Sahara. Do not confuse color and pattern names. Early pressed patterns of Heisey glass imitated cut glass. The Custard Glass and Ruby Glass categories may also include some Heisey pieces.