Hawkes cut glass was made by T.G. Hawkes & Company of Corning, New York, founded in 1880. The firm cut glass blanks made at other glassworks until 1962. Many pieces are marked with the trademark, a trefoil ring enclosing a fleur-de-lis and two hawks. Hawkes made ashtrays, bottles, candlesticks, and tumblers, and many bowls. Cut glass by other manufacturers is listed under either the factory name or in the general Cut Glass category.